On June 12, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai laid the foundation stone for multiple projects worth ₹90 crores.
Key Details: The projects are planned under the Navanagarothana Yojana and the Shubhra Bengaluru Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the government plans to build a grade separator at Raja Rajeshwari Nagar (RR Nagar) arch which will help facilitate a signal-free rotary, a structure for smooth traffic.
- Construction of two flyovers will be undertaken. One flyover will be constructed between Kenchenahalli Main Road and Mysuru Road (towards Bengaluru). Its length is expected to be 305 metres.
- The other flyover will be between Kenchenahalli Main Road and Mysuru Road (via Vrishabhavathi Nala, towards Bangalore University circle).
- The total cost of the project is ₹80 crores.
Shubhra Bengaluru Yojana:
- Under this scheme, the sewage flowing into Hosakerehalli and Kenchenahalli lakes will be diverted.
- The total estimated cost of this project is ₹11.2 crores.