Good morning, Bengaluru!
⛈️ Today’s weather: More rain and winds. Brr.
🧐 Did you know? UB City’s The Collection stands as one of South India’s pioneering luxury shopping malls. The Central Business District’s real estate is premium, with Brigade Road and MG Road ranking among India’s priciest locales.
👩🏽🌾 Uplifting farmers
Farmers in Bengaluru’s outskirts can now access free crop disease diagnosis at a newly opened clinic.
Story so far: The newly opened plant health clinic in ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) in Hesaraghatta is funded by Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY). The clinic was inaugurated by Dr Himanshu Pathak, secretary of the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and Director-General of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The visit also marked the opening of eight facilities costing over ₹10.86 crore.
- A Center of Excellence for kamalam (dragon fruit) was launched to enhance local production and export by cultivating high-performance varieties under specific conditions.
Improving germination: The HAL-ICAR IIHR seed production centre now features upgraded equipment, including a colour sorter and drying machines. This sorter can process up to two tonnes of seeds per hour, automatically eliminating discoloured or damaged seeds and ensuring better germination.
- Following this, a coating machine will apply a protective polymer layer to the seeds.
🖼️ The subconscious on display
In her exhibition “Presence of Absence“, Bengaluru-based artist Rakhee Shenoy offers a peek into her subconscious world.
Story so far: Her pieces merge diverse elements like floating fish, teabags, hot air balloons, and a sewing machine in an intriguing juxtaposition. Rakhee employs a mix of techniques, including hand painting, drawings, and digital art, often adding hand embroidery.
- With a background in textile design, she believes her work bridges art and design, showcasing her multidimensional thinking.
- The exhibition, comprising 29 canvases created in the past year and a half, allows viewers to form personal connections with the pieces.
Going solo: Creating art since 2018, Rakhee Shenoy’s debut solo show, “Presence of Absence” follows her participation in group exhibitions in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, and India. Her pieces carry personal significance like a radio tied to memories of her late grandfather and fig-picking on a farm with her dog.
🌿 Upgraded biogas plant coming soon
The waste-to-biogas plant in Pattabhirama Nagar is set to reopen shortly.
Story so far: The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s (BBMP) Special Commissioner (South), Jayaram Raipura, has inspected the biogas plants in the South Zone and urged officials to commence operations promptly.
- The Pattabhirama Nagar plant can convert five tonnes of wet waste into 300 cubic metres of biogas.
- This could be utilised to power nearby parks and street lights. Raipura also assessed the Yediyur biogas plant during the inspection.
Why it matters? Processing wet waste and utilising it effectively is vital. Biogas plants are key in this process, converting waste to energy that can serve various needs. The Pattabhirama Nagar biogas plant was temporarily shut for upgrades, as stated by Raipura.
🍲 Contemporary flavours at Raahi
Nestled in the lively Central Business District, Raahi Neo Kitchen and Bar has become a vibrant hotspot since its 2019 launch.
Story so far: Positioned on SBI Road in Ashok Nagar, it appeals to millennials, professionals, and families. Their fifth menu highlights India’s diverse regional flavours with a contemporary twist. Soups like pea and beetroot shorba, adorned with fried spinach, refresh the palate.
- A fusion of tastes emerges in dishes like olives with pomegranate molasses and manchego-stuffed mushrooms paired with mint dip.
- Unique offerings like lemony paneer bricks and brinjal-3-way showcase culinary innovation.
Dessert: The delightful butterfly pea flower cheesecake with a blueberry crumb offers a balanced sweetness and creaminess. The rhubarb bhapadoi, paired with fresh-cut fruits, is impressive due to its harmonious flavours and appealing presentation.
- Chocolate aficionados will relish “The Earth, Fresh Fruit & Earthy Sand, Sky Crisp”, a captivating blend of chocolate textures served with hot chocolate.
✨ Things to do…
Here are some fun and interesting things to do in the city over the weekend!
- Relish a perfect balance of heritage and Sufi music at The Classic Sufi Concert on Saturday.
- Join When Chai Met Toast on their Love You The Same tour at Phoenix Marketcity.
- Visit Akshayakalpa Organic’s first-ever organic farmer’s market this weekend.
- Give your jokes a shot at this Kannada open mic on Sunday.
- Master the basics of Knife Painting at this workshop in Koramangala on Sunday.
🛋️ Local Lounge
Yesterday’s Poll Results:
- I feed birds regularly: 20.0%
- I don’t feed birds regularly: 80.0% 🏆
That’s it for today. Have a great weekend!